Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to Math2.0
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorMark C. Wilson
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013

I have committed to writing a regular column for the NZ Mathematics Newsletter. Since I read so much about changes in the practice of mathematical research, publishing, review, etc (essentially all related to the internet), it is a waste not to share with the old-school colleagues.

Unless I can use “Math 2.0” itself, I am having trouble thinking of a good name. Any suggestions?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

You’re welcome to use “Math 2.0” if you want to, but it might be a bit provocative. How about “Digital Math” or something along those lines?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire

Using “Math 2.0” would have the effect if directing new traffic to this site which might be good or bad.

Otherwise I would go with “Electronic Math”. I would see little confusion with math about electronics or mathematical calculations using electronics.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorScott Morrison
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2013

Why not just “Mathematical Publishing”?

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorMark C. Wilson
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013

Thanks. Mathematical publishing is only part of it - it will also cover different practices in research methodology and areas other than math will be touched on too.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

“Cybermath: The upgrade is in progress.”

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorYemon Choi

“Cybermath: The upgrade is in progress.”

Pshaw. How about “”Block Transfer Computations”?

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013

No Doctor Who spoilers, please. I’ve just bought the latest box set, having not watched it on tv. :-)