Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to Math2.0
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorJohn Baez
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2013

It’s finally here!

The Selected Papers Network is up and running, as explained here and visible here. I think now is a good time for programmers interested in improving it to look at the list of issues on github and consider helping Christopher Lee with these issues (and other things). He is at

leec@chem.ucla.edu

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthordarij grinberg
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2013

Congrats!

But I’ve got a few questions.

I know it works on Chrome. But it doesn’t work on Firefox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83265276/firefox.png Is this a known issue? Is one of my extensions to blame? (I’ve allowed scripts.)

By how much exactly is that network linked to google+? I know it uses google+ for logging in, but it looks like it also saves the content on google+? What will happen if google+ suddenly decides to change its interface?

Is LaTeX support there? Planned? I’m sorry I don’t have the time right now to find this out by experimentation.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorCharles Rezk
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2013

darij, I’ve seen the same Firefox problem, and reported it to C. Lee.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorJohn Baez
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2013
    • (edited Jun 19th 2013)

It works on Firefox for me; that’s all I ever use. We are currently getting ready to implement LaTeX, and this is one place we could use help.

Please come here and learn about 7 open issues which may be close to resolved, but need testing and/or discussion:

1. A forum for discussing the Selected Papers Network

2. MathJax support (using TeX)

3. Searching for old-style arXiv papers

4. Newly tagged old posts not appearing?

5. Drop down list of tags not working?

6. “Post invitation” button generates error?

7. Margins on the homepage

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthordarij grinberg
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2013
    • (edited Jul 5th 2013)
    Since I haven't really figured out where to ask this question, let me try here: Is there some preview option for LaTeX on the SPN without pdflatex? MathOverflow doesn't like \('s and \)'s, nor does AoPS.

Also, is there any eqnarray (i. e., multiline displays) support?