Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to Math2.0
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorMark C. Wilson
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2013
    • (edited Oct 15th 2013)

SHERPA/ROMEO maintains a list of publisher self-archiving rules. It is important that it is updated. For example, my university (and I think many others) uses Symplectic Elements to manage a database of academic staff research outputs.If the information is correct on SHERPA/ROMEO, it can automatically upload versions of my papers to our institutional repository, which is a huge saving of effort over the whole university.

I noticed today that many open access journals are not properly classified. Someone needs to explicitly tell them by filling in a form (2 minutes work). I have ensured that Electronic J. Combinatorics, Online Journal of Analytic Combinatorics and Discrete Math and Theoretical Computer Science are requested. Please help out by checking the status of journals not published by large commercial publishers, which you have an interest in, and submitting the form if necessary. Thanks.

Incidentally, there is an amazing wealth of information on their site, and I encourage you to let colleagues know about it. It takes away a lot of the excuses about failure to self-archive (“green OA”) which in my view are holding back progress toward open access. It is interesting to know that SIAM allows the final published PDF on your own website, Elsevier allows the post-refereed version, and Oxford U.P. doesn’t even allow that.

http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2013

I told them about Theory and Applications of Categories.