Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to Math2.0
This website is an archive of the publishing.mathforge.org discussion forum. The forum is no longer active but much discussion took place on these pages so an archive has been preserved.
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorMark C. Wilson
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012

As a result of a contributed editorial on the Elsevier situation to the NZ Math Society Newsletter, I have been asked to advise on how such a society (about 200 members) could best facilitate discussion on such topical matters. The newsletter is the main means of communication and has been for decades, but seems a little too slow these days. Does anyone have experience on whether anything so specific can work well, or should I just suggest that people follow this site, Gowers, Tao, … (in the latter case, and in general, it would be really nice to have a list of the online forums which are considered most valuable by people here; I would also be happy to see evaluations of platforms like Google+, …).